CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sports Camps

Well I decided I should hurry and do some updating before too many things start happening and I never want to update again...that is what happened with my journal writing...in 6th grade. So I know it has only been like 2 weeks, but doesn't everyone just feel like my existence in the blogging world has all but dissipated? Yeah, me too! Don't worry friends! I am back and writing again!

Soooo, sports camps started last week!!!! I had swimming girls (this week I have basketball, but more on them later!) I absolutely loved it! My roommate was Taryn, which was more than fitting considering that we met each other because we both had swimming last year. It was a great week! I absolutely fell in love with my girls, and they loved me back. Which is always a plus! They were 14 and older, which meant I got to go to the dances and they were awesome! I love staying caught up on all the 14 year old drama and what swimming boys are cute and who loves who... For some reason, it never gets old! Here are a few pics from the week!!!




Our "freezing faces" at 7 Peaks. Don't worry that it has rained and...winded? the past 2 weeks when we are supposed to be there! Dang Utah weather! If you want to know how I really feel about it, please refer to this...


Late night parties in the counselor's room after lights out? I would NEVER allow that!!
Art, in its true form!


My glamorous swimming girls before the Thursday night dance.


Loves of my life. Carly, Kendra, Taryn (the outcast), Kerra, Kayle

If you say it really fast... Carly, Kayle, Kerra and Kendra... It is hard.

So one of my favorite thing about Sports Camps (I have a whole lot of favorites so that is not really a reliable statement) is how close the girls become with you and with the rest of the group. On our way to our 4:00 meeting last Monday, Taryn and I were discussing how funny it is when at the end of the week all the girls arrange to 'come back this very same {insert sport here} camp. Everyone come the first week ok? And we will all be in the same group again!' They always confirm to doing it...and it rarely happens. So when I walked upstairs Monday afternoon to talk to my girls who were talking to Taryn's younger girls I could not help but start laughing hysterically when my girl Jordan said, "Ok, now we all have to promise that we are going to come back to camp next year, the first week! It will be so fun. Everyone promise?" And they all did. It had only been 5 hours since they met so obviously I found it incredibly humorous! They are just so quick to love and I admire that!

Now onto a little miracle that happened to me this last week. Three of my girls and I (ones pictured above) got extremely close. 2 of them are members, cousins actually, and one of them is not. When Friday afternoon came and it was time for them to leave, I found myself ridiculously depressed and melancholy about them leaving. I already missed them and was afraid for the choices they were going to make while at home under the influence of their peers and the world. I just wanted the best for them and from just knowing them for one short week I had grown to love them. As I began thinking about this more, I realized how well God knows us. How he has known us our whole life…spiritual life and physical life. I was so scared to let my girls go back home and be in constant battle with the world and everyone bashing their standards. That is just from knowing them a week. I can only imagine…and actually sometimes that is kind of hard…how much more God loves us. How hard it is for him to see his children not make correct choices, to not accept the Gospel or to not ever have that opportunity. It was an answer to a prayer, as I have been asking God to make me more charitable and help me to view people like he does and to be able to truly love others. Anyway, it was just amazing and I felt so blessed to be able to have such a realization. God is an awesome God! (For you Kris!)

So, now that this blog post has gone on forever... sorry about that... I am going to end it and post again! Be excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment