CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cougar United...

The Official Student Fan Association of BYU Athletics. 


What part of that title would not have every person just jumping at the opportunity to be a part of it? I don't know either.

For those of you who don't know, the last 12 months and even longer if you are counting my time as a committee and regular member, CU has been a huge and sometimes even the ONLY, part of my life. From high spirited FOL pep rallies, to pre game tailgates, CU has accomplished a wide range of targets. We have tried time after time to incorporate the entire student body with activities such as:
  • the outdoor movie on Miller Field
  • the Homecoming noon day with our killer blue and white balloon arch (that BYUSA seriously coveted!) complete with pizza, cookies, doughnuts, basketball and football throw etc.
  • giving out free t shirts ALL the time. 
  • the give-a-ways at all sporting events. Wii's, LoveSacs, big screen TV's...just to name a few. 
  • Our rockin dance parties and practically unlimited pizza. ;) 
  • The free Soccer, Rugby and Lacrosse games... are you getting my point yet?! 

Cougar United; the most selfess organization on campus by far! It did not cost any money to join, we just wanted members to be able to know about and support Cougar Athletics.



Homecoming noon day activity. Balloon Arch not pictured...but Star is sure working that table! :)
Tailgates with my roommates


6:30 am BYU vs. Utah student rallies. Featured on ABC4 News and KSL. Muffins and beverages brought to you by CU!
 

WHITE OUT!
As president this last year I had so many amazing opportunities to meet, talk with, conference with and be around so many incredible people. From my UAAC meetings with Tom and the crew, to meeting with the UCC, the other student leaders around campus and just meeting with my own committee. I have made some of my closest friends through being a part of this organization and I am grateful for that.

I get more than a little into my role of being in charge of the FOL Pep Rally...I love it and I LOVE the freshman's enthusiasm! Let's get pumped!
Don't you think this belongs in a BYU Athletics magazine or something?! Me too.
Just hangin' out on the field with my favorite girls... NBD.

Many of you are probably wondering why I am taking time right now, the beginning of August 2011 to write about this. Well, in March of this year (it took me a while to be able to face my feelings... ;) our faculty adviser told Star (my trusty right hand woman and main VP) and I that he wanted to disband Cougar United. Get rid of it, dissolve us, pretend like we never existed... ok, that last one was a little dramatic. It was kind of rough. He never really cared about us or supported us the way we needed to be supported by Athletics in order for us to reach our full potential. Mostly, we were rather disheartened. Here we had been, giving it our all for the last year to really make us successful. This was a project started by dedicated fans before us and had been passed on to us in hopes to make it big... we tried and I feel like we succeeded. It was one of the best years of my life.

My committee rocked my world. All willing to work and get things done for the name of the club. I like them!

These are my V.P.'s. I adore everything about them. They seriously make my life and all of us together...well we are just SUPER cool. :) With a very estrogen run committee...we were able to really get things done and come up with creative and innovative ideas. They are just the bomb and I love them all!

How sweet are the jackets that we ordered for the entire executive board?! So sweet.



I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to be involved with this organization. Based off of my obsession with athletics, I can not think of a better way to have spent a large majority of my time my senior year of college. It was a lot of work, and next to my work school load it was often overwhelming. But I loved it. Every second.

Heres to CU....the best and most giving organization on BYU Campus!



These are my game day shoes... you can covet them if you want! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment