CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 18, 2009

Power beyond Our Own Capability

“Father in Heaven knew that you would face challenges and be required to make some decisions that would be beyond your own ability to decide correctly. In His plan of happiness, He included a provision for you to receive help with such challenges and decisions during your mortal life. That assistance will come to you through the Holy Ghost as spiritual guidance. It is a power, beyond your own capability, that a loving Heavenly Father wants you to use consistently for your peace and happiness.”
-Richard G. Scott

LDS Young Single Adult Gems, my new favorite item that comes to my inbox every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11:00. This one particularly hit home for me. Somehow, lds.org just knows what will help me the most as I go about my week, talk about incredible! This time in my life is filled with so many ups and downs, bumps and bruises, decisions and challenges, and so many other things I do not even care to think about.

I love that no matter what happens, ever, I have my Heavenly Father to turn to. He may not solve all my problems ASAP, but he always lets me know he is aware in someway, however obscure it might be. I am grateful to know that he does not revel in my pain and uncertainty, he loves me and wants me to achieve the potential he knows that I have, as well as make the correct decisions that are going to help me get there!

I am eternally grateful for general authorities who come right out and say what they know is true, in order to help me to remember what I have already known, I am always in need of a reminder. I love the power or prayer, as well as the comforting feeling of peace I receive from the Holy Ghost.
What an incredible blessing in my life!

1 comments:

Krista

Thanks, Kendra. You're amazing. Love you!

Post a Comment